Scholarship for the part-time MBA in business innovation
The ESMT Berlin part-time MBA has been designed to help deliver you success in a rapidly changing world. Whether you are part of a mature corporation needing to stimulate disruptive innovation, or a start-up looking to scale up, this program will help you reach the next phase of your personal and professional development. It is taught in English.
- Accelerate your career, enhance your expertise, and build your network with the triple accredited, globally-recognized, ESMT Berlin MBA degree (60 ECTS)
- Blended courses combine online and face-to-face learning so you get the best of both worlds – innovative and interactive learning at your own pace, and network building
- 25% of your program takes place in-person over 14 residencies in Berlin
Additional information can be found on our website: https://degrees.esmt.berlin/part-time-mba
We believe that education is a catalyst for change and transformation, and ESMT would like to help three refugees study in the part-time MBA program.
The ESMT Berlin Refugee Scholarship gives you 50% off tuition; three are available.
When you apply for the program, we will also ask you to answer the following question: How will you make a difference with the Refugee Scholarship?
Note that this cannot be combined with any other scholarship (including automatic scholarships), proof of refugee status is required, and you will need to meet our standard admission criteria.
Details at a glanceGermanyBusiness AdministrationNo deadline has been announcedMaster'sPartial scholarship3There is no age limit10000.00 USDBlended (combination of in-person and online programming) programme delivery
RequirementsTargeted nationalitiesAllTargeted Country of AsylumAll, GermanyAccepted status documentationRefugee certificateLanguage of InstructionEnglishLanguage Proficiency LevelB2Which certificate do you require to prove the required language proficiency?Scores we’ll accept are: TOEFL (95 minimum, institution code is 8707), PTE (64 minimum), IELTS (7 minimum)
More details about this opportunity
Opportunity timingRecurring annual opportunity
Duration of support providedFor the duration of studies
What is covered in this programTuitionBooks
Type(s) of visa/residency permit granted upon arrivalN/A - as a part-time student you do not qualify for a student visa
Is the student allowed to work while studying?No
Can the nuclear family accompany or join the main applicant?Not applicable
Are there options to stay after graduation?Not applicable
How to apply?
The program starts in September each year, and the earlier you submit your application the better.
Step 1: To begin the admissions process, please complete and submit an online application (it includes your scholarship application). The application will ask you for the following information:
- Personal information
- An up-to-date CV showing at least three years of postgraduate professional experience
- Answers to the following:
- What was the most challenging situation you have encountered in your business life? How did you tackle it? What did you learn from it? (max 250 words)
- Please share your career goals and describe how the ESMT MBA program, coupled with your current knowledge and experience, will help you achieve them. (video essay, max 3 mins)
- Two professional recommendations – at least one is needed to submit your application, the second can follow later
- Your English proficiency test scores (if applicable)
- Transcripts of your undergraduate degree detailing courses and grades
- €50 application fee
- Response to the scholarship question - How will you make a difference with the Refugee Scholarship?
Step 2: After we have reviewed your application, successful candidates will be invited for interview (in person or video).
The interview will last 40-50 minutes and serves to help us learn about each other. We want to get to know you – your career to date, future career goals and aspirations, and what you’re looking for; and in turn you get to ask us questions about the program, school, and life at ESMT.
Step 3: Skip this step if you already have a valid GMAT or GRE score. If not, then we may ask you to take the ESMT Business Admissions Test. This is a two hour, online, test that evaluates academic aptitude over four sections of 30 minutes each: communication analysis, critical thinking, data analysis, and data interpretation.
Step 4: Successful applicants will receive an offer of admission.
Step 5: Accept your offer To secure your place in the part-time MBA, you will need to pay a non-refundable deposit of €4,000 by the date indicated in your offer letter. Congratulations and we look forward to welcoming you to ESMT Berlin!
Application feeEUR 50
Application periodContinuous enrolment/registration
Opportunity annual timingJune
Release of the selection decisionRolling admissions - the program starts in September each year and we recommend applying early to ensure we have enough time to work with you on your application.
For further questions contact the scholarship provider
The content presented on this site has originated from the third party providers. UNHCR is not responsible for the application process or oversight of the opportunities presented here. Questions on a particular opportunity should be directed to the relevant provider.