IIE and edX
IIE Refugee EdTech Program – edX MicroMasters®
IIE is currently accepting applications for the 2023 IIE Refugee EdTech Program – edX MicroMasters.
Scholarship recipients will pursue a MicroMasters® certificate offered through edX, the online education platform built by Harvard and MIT. These certificate programs typically represent one quarter of a full Master’s program. The certificate can help some students who wish to continue their education gain admission to graduate programs, and a growing number of companies view it favorably as a hiring credential.
- Full cost of the student’s selected MicroMasters® certificate
- Flexible, self-paced learning with a small cohort of other scholarship recipients pursuing the same program
- A mandatory, virtual leadership program to be held over two days in summer 2023
- $500 in funding when the student has passed half the program and another $500 when the program is completed.
A catalog of the MicroMasters® certificate programs that are open to IIE scholarship recipients is listed below. To check requirements for pre-requisites, please click on your desired program below:
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Healthcare Administration
- Sustainable Agribusiness
- UX Design and Evaluation
- Business Management
- Managing Technology and Innovation: How to Deal with Disruptive Change
Details at a glanceAllAgriculture, Forestry, Fisheries and Veterinary, Business Administration, Health and Welfare, Information and Communication TechnologiesUntil 14/02/2023Master'sFull scholarship for the full period of studies20There is no age limit0.00 USDOnline programme delivery
RequirementsTargeted nationalitiesAllTargeted Country of AsylumAllAccepted status documentationNot requiredLanguage of InstructionEnglishLanguage Proficiency LevelB1Which certificate do you require to prove the required language proficiency?Flexible
More details about this opportunity
Opportunity timingOne-time opportunity
Duration of support provided1 year
What is covered in this programTuition$500 in funding when the student has passed half the program and another $500 when the program is completed.
Type(s) of visa/residency permit granted upon arrivaln/a
Is the student allowed to work while studying?Yes
Can the nuclear family accompany or join the main applicant?Not applicable
Are there options to stay after graduation?Not applicable
How to apply?
IIE Refugee EdTech Program – edX MicroMasters application includes:
- Biographical Questions
- Educational Background Questions
- Questions related to the specific MicroMasters program you have chosen.
- One essay question of up to 3,000 characters asking you to provide information on:
- your academic background and future goals and,
- your current situation and how completing a MicroMaster’s would help you personally and professionally.
Application periodSpecific date (annual opportunity)
Release of the selection decisionFebruary/2023
For further questions contact the scholarship provider
The content presented on this site has originated from the third party providers. UNHCR is not responsible for the application process or oversight of the opportunities presented here. Questions on a particular opportunity should be directed to the relevant provider.