Undergraduate BursaryVerified by UNHCR
The HCI Foundation Bursary Programme provides ﬁnancial assistance to academically deserving and ﬁnancially needy students, pursuing an undergraduate degree up to Honours level in any ﬁeld of study, at a public university or university of technology in South Africa.
HCI Foundation gives a partial bursary to deserving students studying at the listed public institutions (see below) in South Africa to contribute to student tuition fees to a maximum of R 33 000 per annum. The HCI Foundation bursary is a partial bursary that covers a percentage of tuition fees. We do not give allowances for living expenses, books, residence, meals or transport. Please note that we do not pay for repeat years of study or repeat modules.
Which Universities are Included?
- University of Cape Town
- University of the Western Cape
- University of Stellenbosch
- University of Kwa Zulu Natal
- University of Pretoria
- University of Witwatersrand
- University of Johannesburg
- Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University
- Rhodes University
- Nelson Mandela University
- University of the Free State
- North-West University
Who is Eligible?
South African citizens, refugees and asylum seekers who fulfil the following criteria:
- Current HCI Foundation bursary recipients who are still studying at their respective institutions throughout South Africa.
- New applicants at the level of Honours and Postgraduate Diploma who will be studying at the selected institutions.
- Studying at a public university.
- With a gross family income of less than R37 500 per month.
- Age 35 years or under on 30 November 2020.
Details at a glanceSouth AfricaUntil 30 November 2020Bachelor'sPartial scholarshipapproximately 250Applicants up to age 35 are eligible
RequirementsTargeted nationalitiesAllTargeted Country of AsylumSouth Africa
More details about this opportunity
What is covered in this programTuition
Is the student allowed to work while studying?
How to apply?
Application periodSpecific date 30 November 2020
For further questions contact the scholarship provider
The content presented on this site has originated from the third party providers. UNHCR is not responsible for the application process or oversight of the opportunities presented here. Questions on a particular opportunity should be directed to the relevant provider.