Refugee EdTech ProgramVerified by UNHCR
The EdTech Program is designed to help displaced and refugee students pursue advanced education online, from anywhere in the world, without the need to travel to a university campus. The scholarship will be administered as part of IIE’s Student Emergency Initiatives (IIE SEI). Students participating in the first cohort will pursue a MicroMasters® certificate offered through edX, the online education platform built by Harvard and MIT.
Application Link: https://www.iiefeedback.org/se/612502253539D7D1
This IIE scholarship includes the following benefits:
- Full cost of the student’s selected MicroMasters® certificate
- Flexible, self-paced learning
- A mandatory, virtual leadership program to be held over two days in summer 2021
A catalog of the MicroMasters® certificate programs that are open to IIE scholarship recipients can be found on the program website.
Eligibility: To be considered for this IIE scholarship, students must:
- Be displaced from their home country because of war, armed conflict, persecution and/or threat to their personal safety. Refugees, individuals who meet the refugee convention definition but do not have official refugee status, asylees, and asylum seekers are eligible to apply.
- Select a MicroMasters® certificate program from the list of eligible programs.
- Fulfill the pre-requisites for their intended course of study.
- Be proficient in English to follow coursework in English.
- Be no older than 35 at the time of the application.
- Agree to participate in a 2-day virtual leadership program, scheduled (tentatively) for summer 2021.
How to Apply: Students interested in applying for the IIE Refugee EdTech Program MicroMasters® scholarship are required to submit an online application at this link: https://www.iiefeedback.org/se/612502253539D7D1. Students will be able to save and complete their application in multiple sessions. While no supporting documents are required for the application, students must provide accurate information on their personal and educational background and respond to two essay questions.
Details at a glanceUntil January 26, 2021Master'sFull scholarship for the full period of studiesApplicants up to age 35 are eligible
RequirementsTargeted nationalitiesAllTargeted Country of AsylumAllAccepted status documentationNot requiredWhich certificate do you require to prove the required language proficiency?Varies depending on micro master's programme selected.
More details about this opportunity
What is covered in this programTuition
Is the student allowed to work while studying?Yes
Are there options to stay after graduation?Not applicable
How to apply?
Application periodSpecific date
For further questions contact the scholarship provider
The content presented on this site has originated from the third party providers. UNHCR is not responsible for the application process or oversight of the opportunities presented here. Questions on a particular opportunity should be directed to the relevant provider.