Jusoor, McGill University
100 Syrian Women, 10,000 Syrian Lives Scholarship at McGill University
The 100 Syrian Women, 10,000 Syrian Lives Scholarship is open to Syrian women who have demonstrated exemplary social service with leadership, academic excellence, and civic responsibility, who have characteristics reflecting the importance of empathy, humility, courage, and resilience, and who have potential to serve as global leaders. In 2021, Jusoor proudly partnered with McGill University to provide full scholarships to two Syrian women.
Now, Jusoor and McGill University have committed to award up to 2 scholarships for Syrian women to begin their bachelor degrees in Fall 2023 at McGill University in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
Please note that the scholarship is available only to female students who are interested in pursuing their undergraduate education at McGill University, Canada. For an overview of available study programs, you may check the ViewBook publication which contains a full list of programs starting on page 22, or the searchable webpage here.
Please note that Medicine, Dentistry, Law, Music and Architecture are excluded from consideration and students may not apply for these programs as part of the scholarship.
- Be female
- Be Syrian, Palestinian-Syrian or having a Syrian Travel Document
- Have graduated from high school or expect to graduate by August 2023
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher – Students must submit their 10, 11 and 12th-grade transcripts. In addition to their university transcripts if they are currently enrolled in a program. For more information general admission requirements, please visit: https://www.mcgill.ca/undergraduate-admissions/apply/requirements/international
- Demonstrate English Language Proficiency by providing an IELTS/ TOEFL exam certificate, Duolingo exam result or one of the alternatives available on the link here: https://www.mcgill.ca/undergraduate-admissions/apply/english-proficiency
- Have a strong record of leadership and community engagement, as demonstrated through volunteer and/or work experience
- Demonstrate willingness and intent to contribute to the redevelopment of Syria
- Be willing to engage with Jusoor’s community.
- Demonstrate financial need
- Preferably reside in Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Türkiye, Egypt or Iraq.
Please note that:
- Some programs might have additional requirements, please be careful when choosing these programs in your application as you will be asked to provide the additional documents to complete your admission. Failure to submit any additional required documents will lead to the rejection of your application. For further information, please browse here or see a complete list on page 22 of McGill’s ViewBook.
- Jusoor will pay for Duolingo English testing for shortlisted candidates only. Candidates will be informed if they are shortlisted by the end of February 2023.
Please visit this link for more information: https://www.jusoor.ngo/scholarships/100-syrian-women-scholarship-at-mcgill-university
Details at a glanceCanadaEducation, Engineering, Manufacturing and Construction, Health and Welfare, Natural Sciences, Mathematics and StatisticsUntil 31/01/2023Bachelor'sFull scholarship for the full period of studies1Applicants up to age 25 are eligible0.00 USDIn-person programme delivery
RequirementsTargeted nationalitiesSyriaTargeted Country of AsylumEgypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, TurkeyAccepted status documentationNot requiredLanguage of InstructionEnglishLanguage Proficiency LevelC1Which certificate do you require to prove the required language proficiency?Duolingo, iELTS, TOEFL
More details about this opportunity
Opportunity timingOne-time opportunity
Duration of support providedFor the duration of studies
What is covered in this programApplication feesTuitionBooksMonthly stipend (e.g. food allowance)HousingLocal transportation expensesHealth insuranceMentoring or psycho-social supportTravel costs to the third countryVisaPre-admission exam fees
Type(s) of visa/residency permit granted upon arrivalStudent
Is the student allowed to work while studying?Yes
Can the nuclear family accompany or join the main applicant?No
Are there options to stay after graduation?Work permit/temporary residency
How to apply?
Candidates must apply through this online application. Do not apply to the university. If you are selected by Jusoor as a scholar, you will apply to the university then.
Application periodSpecific date (annual opportunity)
Release of the selection decisionMarch 2023
For further questions contact the scholarship provider
The content presented on this site has originated from the third party providers. UNHCR is not responsible for the application process or oversight of the opportunities presented here. Questions on a particular opportunity should be directed to the relevant provider.